Extra virgin olive oil is a healthy product, because it is obtained directly from a fruit (and not from seeds) by mechanical means and without using any chemical additives.
It is the prince of the Mediterranean Diet, a food-style that is appreciated all over the world because it is as healthy as tasty. This precious food, thanks to its high content of oleic acid and anti-oxidants (vitamin E), protects the heart and arteries, slows cerebral ageing, prevents arterial sclerosis and used in the kitchen instead of animal fats (butter and margarine etc) reduces cholesterol levels in the blood. In particular:
- It reduces the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL)
- It increases the levels of good cholesterol (HDL)
- It prevents heart attacks and cardiovascular diseases
- It prevents ageing
- It prevents degenerative diseases
- It prevents a few forms of cancer
- It protects our body form free radicals
- It helps digestion
Extra virgin olive oils can stand high temperature cooking. Therefore it is the ideal oil for frying.